Friday, December 19, 2008

Snowshoeing at Golden Horn

Together with my friend Thor we tried to get as close as possible to the Summit of Golden Horn ..... temperature at -25°C.


View in the valley from the Yukon River ... it is still not frozen and there is always a thick fogg.


And really ... I saw the first time some caribous .... unfortunately far away but it was still exciting.


Yes, and it was cold. Thor had problems on the way up to keep his toes warm.


And here it is .... the Golden Horn. We didn't reach the summit. We were too late and sometimes the snow was really deep ... once Bella disappeared totally, just caught in a snow ditch.


On our way down at around 2.30 pm already sunset with a big "Alpengluehen" ... beautiful. But it got really cold and we went faster and faster to get home.

1 comment:

renovatio said...

Similar here: Once the sun sets, the temperature drops by several degrees... I see to it I'm back in before sunset, unless I'm enjoying myself far too much to go back home, like the other day when ice-skating on one of the frozen over lakes here...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=80763&id=662629609